MissionNext respects the need to maintain the privacy of information obtained over the Internet. The following describes our policy regarding the collection and use of any personally identifiable information you provide when visiting any missionnext.org website or MissionNext subsite.
Our objective is to seek only the information that is necessary to provide an efficient search for opportunities that are appropriate for you with a mission organization or Christian school located outside the U.S. and Canada. Information you provide allows our partnering Mission Agencies and Schools to contact you should they have an opportunity that fits your interests and Profile selections.
COLLECTION OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION:
- When you register and provide your name and email address, you will receive one email per week for five weeks to welcome you and provide helpful tips and resources to help you on your journey. You will also receive our monthly newsletter. You can opt out at any time.
- If you only register on any MissionNext website but do not complete a Profile within 60 days, your registration will be manually deleted.
- Completing a Profile allows you to explore opportunities the Lord might have for you in a completely confidential password-protected account.
- When you provide information about yourself by completing a Profile, that information will be used to match you with service opportunities that are a good fit for you in a password-protected area and allow you to take advantage of the services offered by MissionNext.
Your control of personally identifiable information on MissionNext:
- You are in control of your personal information and service preferences. You can view and edit your information in your password-protected account.
- You can request that your Profile be inactivated for a period of time, thus making your information unavailable to our partner organizations. When you are ready to re-activate your profile, contact MissionNext to make that request, and your profile will be activated within a few working days.
- You can request that your Profile be removed from the MissionNext website (See our contact page). Your Profile will then be manually deleted within a few working days. If your Profile is deleted, the removal action is not reversible.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION:
MissionNext will only provide the information contained in your Profile to our partner organizations for the purpose of determining if there is an appropriate position within their organization for someone with your skills, interests, and work experience. MissionNext does not disclose any of your personally identifiable information to any other third party unless you have specifically authorized such disclosure or unless such disclosure is required by law or is necessary to protect the safety of other users of MissionNext, our partner agency personnel, employees, or property.
If you identify yourself on our website by providing an email address, you may be put on an email list related to the stated vision and mission of MissionNext. If you no longer wish to receive an email from us, you can request that we not send you any further emails by replying to the message with instructions for having your name removed from our list.
MissionNext employs a customary process of automatically collecting the IP addresses of visitors to missionnext.org. These addresses are used for purposes of system administration and internal tracking. When you visit this site, our servers automatically log your IP address, which identifies your location, your device and its operating system, your browser type, the pages you viewed and date/time stamps, all without collecting any personally identifiable information. These IP addresses are not used for any other purpose nor are they associated with any personally identifiable information.
When you visit missionnext.org as a registered user, our servers place a “cookie” on your computer. Cookies are pieces of unique encrypted information that a website transfers to the hard drive of your personal computer. The information that is stored will make your visit to missionnext.org easier and faster.
With the exception of cookies that are required and essential for the operation of the MissionNext site and its related content, non-essential cookies are not used. Your cookie consent options include the following:
- Modify Your Browser Settings
You can modify your browser settings to control whether your computer or other device accepts or declines cookies. These settings are generally available within your browser’s Help, Tools or Edit menus. If you choose to decline cookies, you will not be able to use certain interactive features of our site in your personal password-protected account.
- Delete Cookies from Your Browser
- Consent or Opt-out of Specific Cookies
When we send you emails, they might include a web beacon or similar technology that lets us know if you received or opened the email and whether you clicked on any of the links in the email. You can opt out of marketing emails that use web beacons by clicking on the opt-out link contained within the email.
USE OF GOOGLE ANALYTICS:
The information generated by Google Analytics cookies about your use of our website is anonymous and does not personally identify you. It is transmitted to and stored by Google on servers located around the world. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
You can choose to disable or delete cookies through your browser settings if you prefer not to share this information with us. However, please note that some features and functionality of our website may be affected.
Opting Out of Google Analytics:
To prevent Google Analytics from tracking your activity on our website, you can install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on. This add-on instructs Google Analytics not to send your data to their servers.
We implement reasonable security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure.
DONOR INFORMATION COLLECTION:
Collection of Donor Information:
When individuals donate to MissionNext we collect certain personal information to process and acknowledge their contribution. This information may include:
- Contact Information: Name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- Donation Details: Transaction history, donation amount, and date of contribution.
- Communication Preferences: Contact preferences and subscription choices for our newsletters or updates.
Use of Donor Information:
The information collected from donors is primarily used to process donations, express gratitude, and provide tax receipts as required by law. Additionally, we may use this information for the following purposes:
- Communications: We may contact donors via email, mail, or phone to express appreciation, provide updates about their donations, or inform them about our organization’s activities, events, and opportunities to further support our mission.
- Internal Analysis: Donor information may be used for statistical analysis, data modeling, and research purposes to enhance our fundraising efforts, improve donor engagement, and develop future strategies.
Data Security and protection:
MissionNext takes the security of donor information seriously. We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure of personal data. We also ensure that our employees and partners who have access to such information adhere to strict confidentiality protocols.
Data Sharing and Disclosure:
We do not sell, rent, or trade donor information to third parties for marketing purposes. However, in certain circumstances, we may share personal information with trusted service providers or partners who assist in our operations, such as payment processors or mailing houses. These partners are legally bound to handle the data securely and confidentially.
MissionNext may disclose donor information if required to do so by law or in response to a valid legal request, such as a court order, government inquiry, or applicable regulations.
MissionNext is committed to safeguarding the security of information that it collects on its site. MissionNext requires its employees and partner organizations to respect the privacy of such information and employs procedures and technologies so as to reasonably protect against the inadvertent disclosure of such information to third parties. You can be confident that your information will be protected when you access our site.
Any questions you may have regarding this statement should be submitted using the Contact page on our website.
Updated: September 5, 2023