Need help along the way?
Let us help guide your journey.
Psalm 25:4-5 Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Guide Me in Your truth and teach me; for You are God my Savior, and my Hope is in You all day long.
Not sure about serving in missions?
Talk with a MissionNext Journey Guide!
Who are Journey Guides?
They are mission coaches who have walked the road before you. Their ministry is to serve you, guide you and encourage you along your journey.
How does the Journey Guide service work?
Journey Guides are available to anyone who has completed a MissionNext Profile. The coaches work one-on-one to help you discover your passion for ministry and determine your next steps as you pursue God’s leading toward missions—wherever that may be. Journey Guides also help you make the best use of our powerful website features as you search for a ministry fit.
How much does the service cost?
This service is available to you at no cost, thanks to the financial support from our partners.
How do I prepare for missionary service?
The decision to enter missions is not one made lightly. Journey Guides will help you thoughtfully and prayerfully consider your:
- Relationship with the Lord and growth in spiritual maturity
- Self-awareness – understanding your passion, gifts, talents, abilities, weaknesses, emotional stability
- Relational strength – with church, family, friends
- Readiness for service and how to prepare for choosing an assignment or agency.
Here are some steps you can take today as you consider missions:
- Spend time praying, evaluating and confirming what God is saying to you. Exercise patience in order to wait on the Lord as He leads you toward the best opportunity for you to serve.
- Connect with a Journey Guide – at your convenience – for one or more conversations to assist you in these next steps.
- Look for affirmation from others, such as your church, your family and friends. What is God saying to you?
- Take available personal assessments to help you understand your strengths, weaknesses, spiritual gifts, and communication style.
- Attend The Journey Deepens Retreat, offered through MissionNext.
- Enroll in a Perspectives Course at a location near you or online.
- Develop your tool bag! What tools do you need to thrive and be effective in the ministry to which God is calling you?
How does a Journey Guide help? A Journey Guide can:
- Help your service profile reach its maximum potential
- Help you understand and navigate the website and your service profile
- Help you access your ministry match information
- Pray with you
- Recommend a variety of assessments and provide help with interpreting results
- Provide coaching and guidance
Questions? Comments? Would like to discuss the results of your assessment, please contact email@example.com
Look at these available resources!
Prayer and Raising Support
Look at our recommended resources for raising a support team!
Take personal assessments helpful to identify your strengths, talents and gifting.
MissionNext has compiled a list of helpful books to guide and encourage you along your Journey.
MissionNext will fit you with mission organizations to find assignments in the US and abroad. Fill out a profile to receive a list of mission organizations with opportunities matching your skills, experience, and ministry preferences.